A few things that have flown across my field of consciousness in the past week or two…
- Jakob Nielsen recommends the use of mega drop-down menus.
- I’ve been watching quite a bit of TED lately. My top three TED talks of late are Don Norman on emotional design, Stefan Sagmeister on design & happiness, and Phillippe Starck on toothbrushes, super monkeys & God. In other words, design.
- A shocking piece of amateur data visualisation: what does one trillion dollars look like?
- And speaking of data visualisation, Wikirank puts a fun data pr0n face on Wikipedia.
- Plenty of food for thought in the Cult of Done Manifesto, though as Merlin pointed out, surgeons should please ignore it.
- I’m quite enjoying Wireframes Magazine. It’s nice to see how other scribble.
- Microplaza is starting to be a standard part of my info-grazing habits. It helps sort through links sent by those you follow in Twitter. Let me know if you want an invite – I’ve got 5.